Sunday, December 13, 2009

Does washing your face with hot water give you wrinkles??

my mum's been driving me crazy with this.....


every time i'm washing my face she always rushs in the bathroom to go off at me for having the water too hot ........


warm water is more relaxing though ..especially on colder days ...


i just want too know if it really does give you wrinkles or if my mum's just exaggerating a myth....Does washing your face with hot water give you wrinkles??
Been there. Here is what I say;





When you wash your face, use hot or warm water (but not too hot - a hot warm is more like it). Rinse your face fifteen times - no kidding - to get all of the soap and everything properly washed out. And the last two or three times, rinse with cold water. It should make your face shine and certainly won't GIVE you wrinkles.





And think your mum's advice over carefully, do more research, then make your own decisions. It's your skin and she's only trying to help because she loves you. Good luck, and e-mail me if you need more help! Let me know how it goes!Does washing your face with hot water give you wrinkles??
its ok to wash your face with luke warm water not hot water but after you finish washing ur face splash your face with cold water and then pad dry it
Hot water will dry your skin out, which makes it more prone to wrinkles, and it can also break capillaries giving you thread veins, the same can be said of very cold water. Your mother is right, warm is better than hot or cold.
i do not wash my face with hoht water because i perfer cold water but i dont think it will matter if you wash it with hot water or not... i have really nice skin becuase i dont use hot water... what can i say, i am a cold person... ill walk outside in 20 degree weather in a T shirt and shorts so i cannot help you there... but my brother washes his face with hot water and does not get wrinkles... so i dont think it will hurt you.





hope i could help


~*~*~*~Mitsuki~*~*~*~
It will dry out your skin so if you don't put moisturizer on your face afterwards then you will get wrinkles.
back in the days of Joan Crawford, it was believed that hot water was used to relax your face, then cold water was splashed on it to tighten it. it makes sense if you think about it - and some women use to (and may still) believe that when your face is relaxed by the hot water, it then causes it to wrinkle. its not true. if you want to please your mother, splash the cold- lol. but no, its basically an old wives tale.
I did it all my life and guess what? I am 30 something and people still mistake me for being in my 20's and card me for Cigarettes or when I buy beer. So I would say NO.





Wrinkles is a result to old age and Genetics. Some people in their 30's look like in their 40's, some people in their 40's look like in their 30's. Regardless of what water you use Hot, Cold, Tap, etc.





Back in my childhood, my mom would get angry and yell at me for sitting too close to the TV because it will ruin your eye sight. After 30 years, I never heard a TV Company being sued for causing eye problems.





Your ';Mum'; is just believing and ';Old Wive's Tale.'; If indeed Hot water was causing wrinkles, Celebrities won't even touch that thing with a ten foot pole or build a Spa or take Hot water Baths.
You should use luke warm water.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
rate my teacher